Daybreakers

I know what you're thinking... Daybreakers has nothing to do with writing. Well, you're wrong. It relates to BL, obviously.

I went to see it yesterday, and my condensed review is:

The movie was awesome. Hopefully, this is the beginning of REAL vampires in our pop culture again. I'm tired of all these teen vampires running around. Did Daybreakers meet my expectations? Not entirely, but I am a very picky person when it comes to vampires. I especially enjoyed the Subsiders because they showed the real ugly side of vampires, and they reminded me of Dracula in a way. In addition, the ending was just what I expected. It didn't rush things and I liked that. (I'm obviously leaving out the actual ending because I do not want to spoil).

Moral of the Story: I'm pumped to continue to write in BL thanks to this movie.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice. Daybreakers was a trending topic yesterday on Twitter. I couldn't resist and clicked on what people had to say. The majority seemed happy about it, while there were a few tweets that read as:

"Daybreakers is the WORST vampire movie." --> To which I respond: Sorry it didn't involve sparkling vampires you darling pumpkin.

And my favorite:
"Daybreakers had too much gore and blood." --> To which I respond: Duh. Vampires.

Seriously, it's when a book or movie about vampires doesn't have blood or fights that disappoints me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment